Bringing Award-winning Authors to the 2019-2020 Rosamond Gifford Author Series
Syracuse, NY: The Friends of the Central Library (FOCL) presents the 2019-2020 Rosamond Gifford Author Series featuring the following six renowned authors:
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019: Jesmyn Ward, multiple award-winning author of Sing Unburied, Sing and Salvage the Bones. Named one of Time’s 100 Most Influential People in 2018.
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019: Amor Towles, author of Rules of Civility and A Gentleman in Moscow, both huge best-sellers included on numerous “best books of the year” lists.
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019: Tommy Orange, best-selling author of There, There, his first novel and a blockbuster hit, addressing the lives of urban Native Americans.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020: Tayari Jones, author of many books, most recently An American Marriage, which was an Oprah Book Club pick.
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020: Paula McLain, beloved #1 New York Times best-selling author of The Paris Wife and Circling the Sun.
- Thursday, May 5, 2020: Marlon James, first Jamaican author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize for A Brief History of Seven Killings. His latest work is the epic fantasy quest Black Leopard Red Wolf.
All lectures begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Crouse Hinds Theater, John H. Mulroy Civic Center at OnCenter, 411 Montgomery Street, Syracuse, New York 13202.
25th Season Subscriptions for the Rosamond Gifford Author Series are available by contacting the Solvay Bank Box Office at The Oncenter at 315-435-2121. Current subscribers who renew now can request same seats for the 2019-2020 season by calling the box office to charge by phone. New subscribers are encouraged to order early for best seats by contacting the box office; new subscribers can also visit Ticketmaster.com (fees apply). Tickets for individual lectures ($30-$35) will be available beginning July 1, 2019. Groups of 10+ qualify for 20% off regular prices. Student tickets for individual lectures will be available for $10 with a valid student ID. For more information please call The Solvay Bank Box Office at the OnCenter at (315) 435-2121, or visit Friends of the Central Library (FOCL) at www.foclsyracuse.org.
About the Rosamond Gifford Author Series: The Rosamond Gifford Lecture Series is one of the largest library-related lecture series in the United States. The 2019-2020 season will be its 25th year of bringing world-famous authors to Syracuse to entertain, inform and inspire our Central New York audience.
About the Friends of the Central Library: The Friends of the Central Library (FOCL) presents the Rosamond Gifford Author Series and raises funds to support the Central Library, the hub of the Onondaga County Public Library system. Through fundraising and public advocacy, we also work on behalf of the entire Onondaga County Library system, which includes city branches and suburban libraries. FOCL has donated over $600,000 to support library programs that promote reading, literacy, and lifelong learning throughout the community. For more information, please visit: http://www.foclsyracuse.org.